The Ultimate Guide to Stress and Hormones
This Ultimate Guide to Stress and Hormones is the most cutting edge and comprehensive course on HPA Axis Function and Hormone Metabolites ever created!
Many practitioners today realize that it can be difficult, if not impossible, to successfully help a client with chronic health issues without addressing stress-related dysfunction. The HPA Axis (hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis) controls the production of hormones that affect all the major systems of the body (including the cardiovascular, musculoskeletal, nervous, and immune systems). For this reason, assessing HPA Axis function with functional lab testing and correcting imbalances can be essential when working with clients to restore their health. There are numerous possibilities why adrenal hormones (cortisol and DHEA) may be low or high. Knowing why the body is adapting to stress in a particular way and which dietary and lifestyle interventions and nutritional supplements can be used to improve each scenario, is knowledge that provides you, as the practitioner, with insight that increases your ability to assist your clients in reaching their health goals.
The Stress and Hormones module gives you the edge with your clients by providing you with the latest information on how to evaluate HPA Axis function and reproductive hormone metabolite levels, including why it’s so important to test the Cortisol Awakening Response (CAR) when using salivary tests and how to interpret all the adrenal and hormone biomarkers found on the popular DUTCH Complete urinary test from Precision Analytical.
Many clients are suffering from hormone imbalance, affecting their day-to-day quality of life. When we look at urinary hormone metabolites for estrogen, progesterone, and testosterone, not only can we see if hormone production is too low or too high, but, more importantly, we can tell how these hormones are being processed by the body. It can be incredibly useful to gain insight into whether the body is metabolizing hormones in a protective or a harmful way.
** Please note: These advanced courses are open to the public and you do NOT have to be a graduate of the FDN Certification Course in order to take these lessons!
Millions of people struggle daily with digestive complaints such as gas, bloating, diarrhea, constipation and GERD. And the number of people who are diagnosed with digestive issues such as Celiac disease, IBS, Crohn’s and H. Pylori are growing quickly. There is...
If you were to talk to the average person on the street about what they would focus on to be healthy, most would say diet and exercise. And as health practitioners we know that yes, diet and exercise most definitely should be a part of a healthy lifestyle or healing...
There are a lot of different diets and different ways of eating to choose from today. And there are plenty of proponents of some of the most popular diets who feel that their way of eating is the best way to eat. And for them, that may true. But that isn’t true for...
Are you currently using EFT with your clients? If not, you should know more about this valuable stress management tool. Stress is at an all-time high, and it is seemingly growing each day. Jobs, family, finances, traumatic events in the world and a growing demand for...
As an alternative health practitioner, you may be looking to expand the tools you use to help your clients. One of these valuable tools is functional blood chemistry analysis. Often, clients will have standard blood work done by their personal physician as part of an...
Right now, in the alternative health world, attempting to help people reclaim their health is really nothing more than a health guessing game. Typically, when someone meets with a practitioner, they fill out a health history, sharing their main health complaints,...
The amount of people who are being diagnosed with thyroid dysfunction is increasing at a dizzying pace. And yet few people understand the basic functions of the thyroid and why it’s important to overall health. The thyroid gland is a butterfly shaped gland that sits...
In order to be as healthy as possible, it is important to understand that one cannot be healthy and thrive if they are not getting enough sleep. Sleep is so important that it is a part of the healing protocol that is used by all FDN practitioners. This is because it...
You wake up one day and realize that you aren’t feeling the greatest, and realize that you’ve been dealing with some nagging health complaints for a while. None of them are major, but you still know that you should be feeling better. You are tired all of the time,...
Our guest post today on MTHFR comes from Brendan Vermeire, FDN-P, functional health coach. Be sure to read more about Brendan below! Here’s what you need to know: -Methylation has become a hot topic in the functional health world with both good and bad information...
Lisa Pomeroy, ND, FDN-P, CMS, RA"
Lisa is a Traditional Naturopath, Functional Diagnostic Nutrition® Practitioner, Certified BioIndividual Nutrition Practitioner™, and Certified Gluten Practitioner (CGP). More about Lisa…
In this training, you will learn:
- How the Endocrine System responds to stress
- The importance of the HPA Axis
- Possible causes of HPA Axis Dysfunction
- Why the term “adrenal fatigue” is an oversimplified way to describe HPA Axis Dysfunction
- How to test for HPA Axis Dysfunction
- Why it’s critical for salivary testing to include CAR (Cortisol Awakening Response)
- General Diet & Lifestyle Recommendations for HPA Axis Dysfunction
- Assessing HPA Axis Function with the DUTCH Test and other tests with cortisol markers
- How to read the DUTCH Test HPA Axis Function reports
- The 4 Cortisol Patterns – Test interpretation & protocols
- Disrupted Diurnal Rhythm – Test interpretation & protocols
- Cortisone Rhythm – What it means in relation to cortisol rhythm
- 11ß-HSD Index (Cortisol/Cortisone Preference) – Test interpretation & protocols
- DHEA – Test interpretation & protocols for low and high DHEA
- 5∂-Reductase Activity – Test interpretation & protocols for high enzyme activity
- Melatonin – Test interpretation & protocols for low and high melatonin
- Why it’s helpful to evaluate hormone metabolites in the urine
- Estrogen – Test interpretation & protocols for low and high estrogen
- Estrogen Metabolism – Test interpretation & protocols for poor Phase I and Phase II detoxification
- Progesterone – Test interpretation & protocols for low and high progesterone
- Testosterone – Test interpretation & protocols for low and high testosterone
The Ultimate Guide to Stress and Hormones training module consists of:
- 14-hour (20-part) video presentations
- 240+ page “Ultimate Guide to Stress & Hormones” Reference Guide eBook
- MP3 audios for each lesson
- PDF presentation slides
"Every practitioner needs this guide TODAY! Having spent several years working with hormone testing, I know first hand how overwhelming it can be to interpret the wealth of information these tests provide. This guide shows you how to get the most from testing adrenal and steroid hormones and lays out the full picture of your clients' hormones by narrowing in on both individual markers and patterns of interest. This has to be the most comprehensive guide I have seen and it has been invaluable to me using it along side adrenal and steroid hormone test results. Lisa, you have helped to take running adrenal and steroid hormone tests to a new level, great job!"
- Jennifer S.
Have questions? Give us a call at 858-386-0075 or shoot us an email to
Copyright © 2017 Functional Diagnostic Nutrition®, All Rights Reserved