The Ultimate Guide to Stress and Hormones
This Ultimate Guide to Stress and Hormones is the most cutting edge and comprehensive course on HPA Axis Function and Hormone Metabolites ever created!
Many practitioners today realize that it can be difficult, if not impossible, to successfully help a client with chronic health issues without addressing stress-related dysfunction. The HPA Axis (hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis) controls the production of hormones that affect all the major systems of the body (including the cardiovascular, musculoskeletal, nervous, and immune systems). For this reason, assessing HPA Axis function with functional lab testing and correcting imbalances can be essential when working with clients to restore their health. There are numerous possibilities why adrenal hormones (cortisol and DHEA) may be low or high. Knowing why the body is adapting to stress in a particular way and which dietary and lifestyle interventions and nutritional supplements can be used to improve each scenario, is knowledge that provides you, as the practitioner, with insight that increases your ability to assist your clients in reaching their health goals.
Many clients are suffering from hormone imbalance, affecting their day-to-day quality of life. When we look at urinary hormone metabolites for estrogen, progesterone, and testosterone, not only can we see if hormone production is too low or too high, but, more importantly, we can tell how these hormones are being processed by the body. It can be incredibly useful to gain insight into whether the body is metabolizing hormones in a protective or a harmful way.
** Please note: These advanced courses are open to the public and you do NOT have to be a graduate of the FDN Certification Course in order to take these lessons!
Lisa Pomeroy, ND, FDN-P, CMS, RA"
Lisa is a Traditional Naturopath, Functional Diagnostic Nutrition® Practitioner, Certified BioIndividual Nutrition Practitioner™, and Certified Gluten Practitioner (CGP). More about Lisa…
In this training, you will learn:
- How the Endocrine System responds to stress
- The importance of the HPA Axis
- Possible causes of HPA Axis Dysfunction
- Why the term “adrenal fatigue” is an oversimplified way to describe HPA Axis Dysfunction
- How to test for HPA Axis Dysfunction
- Why it’s critical for salivary testing to include CAR (Cortisol Awakening Response)
- General Diet & Lifestyle Recommendations for HPA Axis Dysfunction
- Assessing HPA Axis Function with cortisol markers
- How to read the HPA Axis Function Test reports
- The 4 Cortisol Patterns – Test interpretation & protocols
- Disrupted Diurnal Rhythm – Test interpretation & protocols
- Cortisone Rhythm – What it means in relation to cortisol rhythm
- 11ß-HSD Index (Cortisol/Cortisone Preference) – Test interpretation & protocols
- DHEA – Test interpretation & protocols for low and high DHEA
- 5∂-Reductase Activity – Test interpretation & protocols for high enzyme activity
- Melatonin – Test interpretation & protocols for low and high melatonin
- Why it’s helpful to evaluate hormone metabolites in the urine
- Estrogen – Test interpretation & protocols for low and high estrogen
- Estrogen Metabolism – Test interpretation & protocols for poor Phase I and Phase II detoxification
- Progesterone – Test interpretation & protocols for low and high progesterone
- Testosterone – Test interpretation & protocols for low and high testosterone
The Ultimate Guide to Stress and Hormones training module consists of:
- 14-hour (20-part) video presentations
- 240+ page “Ultimate Guide to Stress & Hormones” Reference Guide eBook
- MP3 audios for each lesson
- PDF presentation slides
"Every practitioner needs this guide TODAY! Having spent several years working with hormone testing, I know first hand how overwhelming it can be to interpret the wealth of information these tests provide. This guide shows you how to get the most from testing adrenal and steroid hormones and lays out the full picture of your clients' hormones by narrowing in on both individual markers and patterns of interest. This has to be the most comprehensive guide I have seen and it has been invaluable to me using it along side adrenal and steroid hormone test results. Lisa, you have helped to take running adrenal and steroid hormone tests to a new level, great job!"
- Jennifer S.
Have questions? Give us a call at 858-386-0075 or shoot us an email to
Copyright © 2017 Functional Diagnostic Nutrition®, All Rights Reserved