Small Intestine Bacterial Overgrowth (SIBO)
Do you have clients with IBS, gas, bloating, diarrhea, or constipation? Have you had stool tests come back negative for pathogens, yet you know there is some larger issue going on in your client’s GI tract? It’s possible your client might have SIBO (Small Intestine Bacterial Overgrowth). With SIBO, normal bacteria in the large intestine have migrated up to the small intestine, where they don’t belong, causing a multitude of symptoms.
In this training, you will learn what SIBO is, why it occurs, which test is the best for detecting it, how to interpret a SIBO breath test report, the three types of SIBO treatments, natural herbal protocols for addressing SIBO, steps to take to prevent recurrence, and more. Listen to traditional naturopath and functional nutrition consultant Lisa Pomeroy share her knowledge and experience about SIBO in this 5-part in-depth series. Lisa is known for her comprehensive detailed training style, ability to make complex subjects easy-to-understand, and actionable recommendations.
** Please note: These advanced courses are open to the public and you do NOT have to be a graduate of the FDN Certification Course in order to take these lessons!
Lisa Pomeroy, ND, FDN-P, CMS, RA"
Lisa is a Traditional Naturopath, Functional Diagnostic Nutrition® Practitioner, Certified BioIndividual Nutrition Practitioner™, and Certified Gluten Practitioner (CGP). More about Lisa…
In this training, you will learn*:
- What is SIBO
- The different types of gases produced by the bacteria overgrown in SIBO
- How SIBO affects the small intestine
- Why SIBO occurs (risk factors and underlying mechanisms)
- Symptoms of SIBO
- SIBO test options
- Which SIBO test is best
- Other tests that may suggest SIBO
- How to do the SIBO test
- Possible scenarios that show up on SIBO tests and how to interpret them
- The 3 types of SIBO treatments
- Which treatment to choose
- Treatment protocols and tips
- Possible scenarios that show up on SIBO re-tests and how to interpret them
- What to do post-treatment to prevent recurrence of SIBO
- Other possible contributing factors that may need to be addressed
* Includes the latest information from the 2016 SIBO Symposium
The SIBO Training Module includes:
- 2+ hour video presentation
- Presentation slides in PDF form
- 46 page Practitioner “SIBO Reference Guide”
- Practitioner “SIBO Herbal Antimicrobial Protocols Guide”
- “Done-For-You” Client Informational Handout on SIBO
- “Done-For You” Client Pictograph Handout on the SIBO Breath Test Prep Diet
“I thought the course was fantastic! I’m really glad I decided to purchase this SIBO module. There was information in this course that wasn’t available in other SIBO courses I’ve taken. In particular, probably my favorite part, was the practitioner reference guide for SIBO protocols. Just having a list of different options for protocols (not just a one-size-fits-all protocol) is tremendously helpful. That protocol list is incredibly up-to-date with all the recent research, which is great. I’m very much looking forward to doing other FDN Advanced modules after this one.”
FDN Practitioner, PhD
Have questions? Give us a call at 858-842-3266 or shoot us an email to
Course videos, audio, and PDF files cannot be directly given to, sold or shared with others. Once you have learned the exercises and are seeing results, feel free to
teach them to your clients.